söndag 4 oktober 2015

Today in the garage - fitting axle boots

I thought I would be getting a lot done today, but it was one of those days where things don't go as smoothly as you hoped - I had a lot of grief with the removal of the axle tubes and had to make a new gasket, made one and fitted it and then found it was still too tight, so all off again and a thin one installed, that did the trick - then on to the other side, the gasket sealant that I had used before (back when i was test fitting at Pekas) had stuck the paper shims together . so more gaskets needed and then more probs with the tubes not wanting to fit as I still had the bearings in the hubs and that caused grief, I think the shim had cocked in the bearing carrier, lots of banging and pulling and huffing and puffing - got there in the end though .






Then it was time to get home, I have the rear kinda ready to fit to the bus again, so I plan to tidy up the rear brake hubs etc and install them after Ive fitted the gearbox back in to the chassis.

Next job is to get the front beam ready to fit back in, I need to grind a little form the front flipped spindle so that it allows the disc brake to rotate without scraping - this is the next job. After that Im gonna get the bus back on jack stands and fit the front and back suspension, at least then I can be nearer to moving it on the trailer to the new garage place for this winter - I would really like to finish installing the hard brake lines (just some holes to be drilled and fasteners fitted) and get the wiring loom in and spray the under side with black paint and under sealer.... only got a couple of half weekends left until autumn break....

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar