torsdag 8 maj 2014

Sunroof and Headlining

Soon the paint stage will be over, then it is the home coming.
 
Im really looking forward to that day, Cant wait to get it back in the garage at home. 

I'm planning on putting the bus back on the tip girl so I can mount the hard brake lines with it tipped over, and of course the forward controls and everything else under the bus including, master cylinder, servo, routing a new customized loom (yet to be ordered).

after that it will be time to refit the running gear again and sit it down on its wheels - another mile stone to look forward too.

As I prepare in my mind what I need to order for the next stage there is the stage after that....

Headlining and sunroof - what to do? if you search the internet all you get is go to a pro, its too hard.

If I was back home in the UK I don't think it woudl be much of a problem to find an experienced fitter of samba head linings, I had thought about possibly Holland? I could ask the Kieft en klok guys and Marcel miller for advice, but realistically they are to far away, so who is near that could do it? I´m going to ask around the places I have seen on the net here in the Stockholm area and see what I find. In the back of my mind I m preparing for the worst case which is DIY.

The sunroof is less daunting then a full headliner, especially when this place has made life much easier for rag top renovations!   vw sunroofs.com

After that I will work my way around slowly replacing the parts I have and sourcing those parts I still need to finish the bus, handles, locks, lights, seals etc.

this is my current wanted parts list:

wiring and all electrics
brake pipes
Front door handles (ice pick)
Semaphores
re chrome or buy new inner handles, same with sunroof.
louvre trims
soundproofing/insulation
door cards.
headlining
sunroof parts, some hard and soft inner and outer.
seat covers front
carpets, mats
interior to build

oh and an engine.

Some uplifting pics.

Bumpers are ready for deluxe moldings to be bolted up.... hope I can achieve a good fit here, we will see soon enough.

Love a bit of sealing wax red and chestnut brown

early n smooth

Tomorrow is Friday, I am working the dinner shift which means a chance to get to peka´s in the morning before work and after Travis has been for a check up at the dentist´s.
 I´m taking over the pop outs from autocraft to see how they offer up. and the rh side rear bumper bracket.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar