tisdag 13 maj 2014

headliner how too´s and nuts for csp disc brakes with standard wheels


late spring early summer - grass cutting a race track into the grass for the boys m/cycles

Today I headed to peka´s garage with a few parts to sand blast ready for a coat of fresh paint, also straightened the rear hatch lock.

steering box





 

 


 

I was also looking into fitting the csp hubs, but I realized I need hub nuts to fit the wheels to the csp bolts..... after a bit of searching around it seems I need 10x radius wheel nuts which should be m14 x 1.5
some links to suppliers

csp wheel nuts and bolts

vw heritage



blurred go pro






 Whilst checking out the paint I noticed a run that needs fixing as well as a couple of other areas.




 Generally though its a real nice paint job, I´m looking forward to seeing the brown laid on.



 Next up is to fit the front steering arm, link up the steering rods and fit the front hubs and wheels.
also we need to fit the rear pop outs.



 Still thinking of headlining and here is what I have been reading.

Some useful info:

links to info for DIY headlining 

1. A 21 window headliner installation from a us magazine article here

2. From threads found on thesamba.com here

3. Headliner replacement by Dyer Lytle on the type2.com here


Links to two of my favorite early samba builds.

1.Awesome build of Irv´s September 1955 samba (which I looked at when it came up for sale in 2010 ish?) and is very likely to be the same samba that was parked next to ours for many years near fälköping before they got found and snapped up together by Peter and Dick, check out the build here

2.Smiths vw Cornwall 1956 - thread I think can be found on the ssvc but also some pictures on there home page here

Really like the interior design here, its similar to what we are thinking of, ie table above rear hatch, face to face seating that can turn into bed, some storage - note the headlining and sunroof, lovely.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar