lördag 19 april 2014

Easter 2014

Before Easter Friday - or long Friday as it's called up here in Sweden, I had another lovely day off, squeezed in front of the Easter bank holidays (red days) to make Easter extra long, thanks really to Magnus my boss at work, as conference work just drops off - So with that, Thursday is another day off - So I continued where I left off and began the day with a dash around in the morning switching vehicles again and taking stuff to the summer house for Easter preparations and then to collect the Beam from home and get the whole front end and take it back to Enköping and peka´s for installing.



After all that driving around I settled into the workshop groove and got going on making it stand on its own 4 wheel once again.

 

I lifted the new beam with arms and spindles attached onto a stand and then positioned this under the bus, I then lowered the bus down on to the Beam, this went pretty easily and I was able to bring the bus down and easily line up the new bolts and washers, these went into the newly tapped captive threads in the chassis very nicely,  I havnt toqued these up yet, I just nipped them up and moved on.



Torque setting list here :

Front Beam bolts to chassis   65-72 ib ft  which is
Front Beam steering arm bolt 65-75 nm
Rear Axle hub nut (t1 based) is 220 ib ft

I couldn't fit the steering arm as the reamer looked to be too big?  have to ask my bro about this as he was the one who brought the tools when he had to fit a new one to his old barndoorslamamatic.

I continued with installation of the csp disk brake kit that I ordered from T2D, this was a brand new whole front end package, I fitted the new caliper brackets to the spindles, torqued them up with a little thread lock and after that it was time to set the hub with disc brake on the spindle, but for this I needed the wheel bearings, and these were no where to be seen.. I checked around but to no avail -  I dont remember ever seeing them when I unpacked - I really hope that this is to be the last thing missing from what I ordered from those detectives ; ) I realize now that when you order from them you need to be your own detective in working out what's missing from the order ! If I had a receipt with an inventory for the first order this could have been made much easier for both them and me, it would have allowed me to check off and make a detailed assessment of the parts and easily see what was right wrong and missing, for the record I had the same with the parts ordered from Creative engineering whic they still havnt got back to me on and so I need to chase them up again too.



Anyway nothing to worry about delays like this happen and all to do is to email them to find out when I can get the wheel bearings  -  it was at this exact time I had a memo on my phone to go and pick up some other missing parts from the post office in Enköping,  I had noticed after the spring plates and drive shafts turned up that the csp master cylinder had also been missed, this id mentioned at the end of march and the Volksworld show had delayed it getting to me, anyway now it had been sent from T2D and now it was here to be collected, so I went and got it.



Back at the garage I switched back to the rear, and found out I need 2x new frame horn bolts and I need to tap the threads in the frame horns.  M18x1.5 Tap was ordered from Tool in Enköping. Bolts to be ordered from a vw parts surplier maybe VW Heritage in the UK or VW up north - Sweden



After popping down to "tool" in Enkoping and buying more nuts bolts and washers - I fettled with the gearbox and axle tube gaps, adding paper gaskets and trying to find the right amount, It didnt help that I sprayed the axle tubes, so I spent some time removing the paint-


Buding straight axle - This helped:

http://www.transworks.biz/installation.html





At about 4pm the guys next door at the mechanics side of the garage came and told me they were clocking off and heading home, so I packed up and headed to the summer house to return Jeff the T25 and pick up the Golf, then Home, a very quick shower and then straight into town to meet up with Lelle, and NT2K´s Andreas and Hans at the pub and to talk about this years Busfest, logos and theh merchandise, sponsers and stuff to do with the club, it was nice, I drove home around 10 and went to bed like this :




And then It was Friday, up, out and heading to the summer House to meet up with the family-  nothing to do but forget about working on the bus for a few days - its locked up and out of reach, time to chill, enjoy easter maybe organise the parts needed orders for Tuesday and chase up T2D for the missing bearings.


Built the Yacht that I brought last year and took it out for its maiden voyage. Also took Tim to the Hospital to get some stitches in his finger when he slipped with a knife.



 


Back home at Hälstaviken - It feels like spring is here and summer is coming, Lots of birds are back now, Signs for a photo and painting exhibition at the old school - so we checked it out - some nice shots of the viken, the birds that visit and some paintings and sketches too.




 
Playing Kubb                

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar