torsdag 6 mars 2014

Bumper to bumper

Yesterday it was Wednesday aka my turn to get the post........


 Monday and Friday is Travis's turn, Lewis takes Tuesday and Thursday, they hop out of the car to see if we have any mail in our post box, the bonus for the boys is they get to ride up front, down the short gravel road to our home.

This is our new routine - in a effort to stop the fighting about who should get the mail, in the back of the car on the way home from dagis... nearly every day  : )


So what did I find in the post late on Ash Wednesday night
I wasnt expecting anything

TNT! 

" Que ACDC "

no not explosives! but the delivery company kind of TNT



of course like always they had tried to deliver during the day?
 when your least likely to be at home- I dont get it?
They had at least left a note to tell me this, so now i have to chase my parcel, a job for the morning.

so next morning -

on My way to Work spotted this .... Bertil ?








I took the slip with me so I could re-arrange delivery - I did that this morning while getting changed into my whites and entering the kitchen. As I hoped, the package was at "posten" Enkoping, where I had to go to pick up the boys after work today
so I told them I would pick it up, I'm familiar with the open times and set up - ok if it's a mall part - at the moment I'm waiting for big and small parts....

I'd also arranged to meet kent after work and go check out a blasting cabinet which he had found almost as soon as I told him that I was thinking about getting one.




Work....." whole separate blog just on that part of life"

Out early : ) and on it

Headed to Bromma to meet kent, on to the E4, Today was traffic - that very rarely happens to me now I live here in Sweden, very spoilt here, often I can drive home with a clear road to my self but I do remember how much sitting in traffic sucks - m25 m6 a14 Dart ford crossing - to name a few that I regularly still listen to jamming up in the uk via radio 2 bbc app in the car.

- anyway.... I could see I was going no where fast and instead called kent to say that I wouldn't make it in time and I didn't want to have this guy who's selling the sand blaster waiting around for me to turn up - so Instead I asked kent to tell him I'd take it, then we could get on with the issue of picking it up - so I turned out of the motorway ( again lucky with a slip road right there - the next one was at the jam ( google earthed it ; ) and headed my way back to my usual daily route back home and then on to Enkoping - it was still slow moving along this usually clear section of country roads, that's stop signs for you! Loads of these in Sweden.
Many motorist had decided to detour via the jam - during the crawl I deviated to swedish radio and found out there had been a bad accident with a lorry and a lot of diesel spilled, which had blocked the road (e4) for the whole day and evening ! Ouch !


After all that crawling it was nice to be back on the quite (old) roads, and soon ive swept past the viken and I'm back in Enköping.

 I pick up the package - and judging From the size realize it's the bumper bracket I ordered from auto craft and the 3rd brake light lens.
The bracket, is it the same as the one I have ?
I open it when I get to Lena's.
No, it's quite clearly much bigger then the one I have and a completely different shape. The new one is much better suited for ribbed bumpers then the one I got from Dick? - it's obvious when you see them- I double checked against lelles samba - the one I have is the same - so from a later splitscreen.
No big deal - just means I need to order the right one now with some rear shock mounts but ....
Before checking the inside of my rear bumpers ,,, have they been modified?

ribbed on the left - later splitscreen bus to the right






Saturday morning it is then.

still waiting for the suspension from t3d, should be soon




- in the meantime I have plenty to keep busy with

bored yet?

LOOK AT THIS

Tbc

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar