måndag 17 mars 2014

The good, the bad and the ugly

Loads been happening since the last post
Lets starts with the good!

Lovely sealing wax paint by Peka

 Here is the main man himself - that tip dolly has made all the difference - I will be hiring it out after ive finished with it - so if your in mid Sweden and want to do a good job of the underside of your car then drop me a line and rent the tip girl for a few weeks.




 Doors are amazing !


So if there is GOOD, there has to be some BAD and some UGLY - here is the bad part of this week,
I went to go see how the bus in the woods was - and it was .... gone !

so that was bad, ugly is coming, read on 

 

After getting the Gearbox on the bench and removing the drive shafts I realised it wasnt going to be a case of slinging it in the bus and find out how it goes - no it would need looking into, I read up as much as I could and as I couldn't pull the selectors I started looking into my options,  I spoke with my good friend Nicko and he pointed me in the direction of Hans, a phone call to him the next day left me feeling much better, he said i should bring it over, so on Sunday "after a wasted walk in the woods" I was behind the wheel of the Golf and making my way down the "55" with the box in the boot, a smell of gearbox oil to keep me company - soon I was in Södertälje.

 Love driving down the 55 -
  After a bit of "getting lost" I found Hans and his work shop - very cool place - Here is the man himself with my AO gearbox - after a chat we decided on a new nose cone, hd side plate, some other small mods, a strip clean and a freshen up.

His drag car, my gearbox and whats that on the floor ? schwimmer wagen gear box!


 MONDAY is delivery day !

I got home from work to find this little item had arrived in the post - its a cool old dealer key ring fob from VW Stockholm, its very similar to the old one I had for Fry (super OG 1968 bay)



 And at last the big stuff arrived from T2D ! well nearly all of it....



Beam looks the business

Lots of parts - csp disks brakes for the front, new rear drums, backing plates, wheel cylinders,  tie rods,  ends, slam shocks, drive shafts etc etc
 Below you see old shafts against the new - slightly longer by about 25mm - hope that enough ?
  and we come to the ugly..... threads on the drive shafts from t2d look like crap - cant even get a nut on one of them - emailed paul about this and the fact that I dont have the adjustable spring plates or master cylinder that should have come.
  back to the good stuff that has arrived - csp calipers
 the disks and hub
 fitting kit
 new shoes
 fitting kit
 backing plate and wheel cylinders
 modified hand brake cables
 dropped (flipped) early straight spindles
 Brand new rear brake hubs
 After checking the parts and emailing t2d I had just enough time to race the boys at  GT5 before putting them to bed - I chose the samba of course.

 
So now we are waiting for the remaining parts from t2d and the deluxe stuff from creative engineering.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar