2018
Before long, Sanna and I had blended our two families together. Her two boys became my bonus sons, and my boys became part of her family too. Overnight, life became busier and fuller. One week we'd have four boys filling the house with noise and chaos, and the next week it would be just the two of us.
On one of those quieter weeks, we decided to see if we could uncover a little more about the history of the Samba.
A Piece of History
I love this old black and white photo below.
We started digging a little deeper into the history of my Samba. Like many old vehicles, the paperwork only tells part of the story, and I wanted to know more about the people who had owned it before me.
After some detective work, we eventually managed to decipher the old handwriting on the original sales bill, this i obtained with the help of the Swedish vw historical club, and once we had this document, we eventually identified the correct name. This opened a door to the past and, incredibly, I was able to contact the daughter of the very first owner of my bus.
She was kind enough to share some photographs of her parents and their buses, giving me a glimpse into the life of my Samba when it was still a family vehicle rather than a restoration project.
When I first saw this photo, I thought:
"Surely this is my bus?"
Everything seemed to fit.
But as I continued researching, I discovered something unexpected...
It wasn't my bus.
It turned out that, after buying my Deluxe Samba, the owner went on to purchase another one a year later. This photograph is actually of that second Samba—a 1956 model.
So although this beautiful bus isn't mine, it is still part of the same family's story and connected to the history I was uncovering.
One day I would love to track this Samba down and find out what happened to it. Hopefully it survived and is still out there somewhere, continuing its journey just like mine.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar